Monday, Oct. 2
World Habitat Day is celebrated on the first Monday in October. On this day, Habitat for Humanity joins the United Nations and organizations from around the world in raising awareness, educating and mobilizing individuals and communities to take action on the current global housing crisis.
A decent place to live can remove barriers to opportunity, success and health that might have been part of a family’s life for years, if not generations.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
Did You Know?
- About 1 in 4 people live in conditions that harm their health, safety, prosperity and opportunities. If action isn’t taken, that number will grow to 2 out of 5 — the equivalent of 3 billion people — by 2030.
- Habitat works in nearly 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in over 70 countries.
- Through Habitat’s work each day, nearly 5,000 people find strength, stability and independence
through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
The Impact of Adequate Housing
- Better, affordable living conditions lead to improved health, stronger childhood development and the ability — and financial flexibility — to make forward-looking choices.
- Homeownership is a form of wealth accumulation through equity and forced savings from mortgage repayment.
- Good housing attracts economic investment and development.
- Decent shelter contributes to thriving school systems, community organizations and civic activism.
- Safe homes and neighborhoods help build social stability and security.
Join us to promote the awareness of the need for safe, affordable housing!
Join us in our front parking lot for a hot dog, chips and a soda as a THANK YOU for your support of safe, affordable housing right here in Livingston County.
Visit local business displays set up for the event.
Purchase a $1.00 WHD Pin Up and show your support!
Pin Ups are available at the Livingston County Habitat ReStore September 25 – October 23. Sign your WHD Pin Up and we will display them in the ReStore.
Help build more homes in Livingston County by making a donation to our World Habitat Campaign between September 25 and October 23 at: https://www.habitat.org/donate/?link=6&affiliate=1322-1934